Qualifications for Admission
An Application for Admission and a $100 non-refundable application fee must be submitted to the school by January 15th for each student applying for admission. The following qualifications will be considered in determining the priority for admission of new students:
- Families with a child currently enrolled at Saint Clement School.
- Families who have been active, engaged, registered and contributing parishioners of Saint Clement Church.
- Families who are registered and engaged parishioners of the neighboring Catholic churches, and families relocating to Chicago who have been registered and engaged parishioners of their current parish.
Transfer Students (K-8)
For students entering Kindergarten through 8th grade who are transferring from another school, the following additional steps in the review process will apply:
- Saint Clement School will review each application and necessary attachments to determine a prospective student's potential academic fit.
- If it is deemed that there is an academic fit, the student will be asked to shadow at the school and interview with the Dean of Students. The purpose of this request is to determine a social-emotional fit.
- If it is deemed that there is a social-emotional fit, the parents of the prospective student will then interview with the Dean of Students.
- Following these steps, an admissions decision will be made.
Within a week of receipt of a conditional acceptance letter, parents are required to submit a non-refundable $1,000 New Student Fee to hold a child’s position. At this time, the following documents shall also be submitted. If the parent is not able to submit the required documents for any reason, this information must be communicated within this two-week period so that a final admissions decision can be made.
1.Copy of the child’s birth certificate
2.Copy of the child’s baptismal certificate (if applicable)
3.Copy of the child’s health/immunization records
Pre-Kindergarten 3: The child must be 3 years of age by September 1st of the year he/she will begin school.
Pre-Kindergarten 4: The child must be 4 years of age by September 1st of the year he/she will begin school.
Kindergarten: The child must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the year he/she will begin school.
First Grade: The child must be 6 years of age by September 1st of the year he/she will begin school.
Additional Admissions Considerations
Admission to Saint Clement School is dependent on the respective class size and a thorough review of each prospective student's current academic files.
ALL NEW and TRANSFER students will be admitted on a probationary basis. A student new/transferring to Saint Clement School is considered to be on both academic and behavior probation for up to one full school year, and Saint Clement School reserves the right to remove any student at any time for failure to conform to academic or behavioral expectations.
Students applying to grade levels with a waitlist will be placed on the waitlist according to their appropriate grade level and application date submission as well as in accordance with other admissions priorities described above.
Saint Clement is operated under the auspices of the Catholic Bishops of Chicago, a corporation sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago. Saint Clement School admits students of any race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in this school. Saint Clement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, or national and ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, loan programs, extracurricular activities or other school-administered programs.