Saint Clement School opened its doors in 1906. The school underwent renovations in 1925, 1935, and 2003 to create the school campus we are privileged to have today.
At Saint Clement we believe in daily fresh air and the power of play. We feel that it powers our student's brains. That's why we recently invested in a new rooftop playground complete with basketball court, safe play structures, padded astroturf and much much more! We love the outdoors and we know our students do too.
Saint Clement School devotes significant resources to make our library the heart of our school, dedicated to supporting our school's curriculum and to encourage life-long readers. The collection includes over 15,000 continually updated resources, and is managed by our two Library Resource Teachers.
We believe that our library is the information center of the school and plays an integral part in fostering the development of global citizens for the future. In accordance with the ALA standards, the library/media center provides resources and learning activities that represent a diversity of experiences, opinions, and social and cultural perspectives. The library program ensures that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The librarian empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. From our youngest four-year-old students to our 8th graders, our library is crucial to the development of life-long learners and readers.
Our gymnasium is located within our school building, allowing all students in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade to have Physical Education class at least once a week. The facility is also used for before school care and recess time during school hours. After hours, sports practices are held in the gymnasium, as are church-sponsored adult athletic activities.
A stage is also incorporated into the space to allow a venue for many school concerts, talent shows, and other artistic performances.